Apply for a China Visa
Most people visiting China are required to arrange a visa in advance. As with most countries these days, having the correct visa and paperwork is really important. The information below will hopefully give you a good feel for your options and how to apply. Make sure to check the Chinese government’s official websites as well to ensure you have the latest information.
Types of Residency[edit | edit source]
Types of Chinese Visa[edit | edit source]
Visa Free Entry[edit | edit source]
- Visiting the Pearl River Delta or Hainan Island - For small groups of people on certain package tours
- Direct Transit - For people with onward flights booked within 72 hours to different international locales to were they few in from
- APEC Business Travel Card - For APEC member country citizens doing business between APEC nations.
- Citizens of Singapore, Brunei, and Japan - For business and tourism visits of under 15 days
- Bilateral Agreement - Primarily applicable for short stay Diplomatic Passports or special group visits from selected countries
PU Letters[edit | edit source]
In some situations, the government requires visa applicants to obtain a PU Letter.